Wednesday, February 1, 2017

From ‘I'm over all that. And other confessions’ by Shirley MacLaine


…..there was much for me to learn in India. The Hindu religion had a lot to teach me in terms of the spiritual sciences: yoga, meditation, diet, reincarnation, and the power of passive resistance

……..Thornton Wilder’s quote in The Matchmaker: “Money is like manure. It should be spread around encouraging young things to grow.”

When I’ve worked with brilliant actors who seem so real when they act a part, I’ve come to realize that underneath they are real to themselves

The price of freedom is sometimes loneliness. We all know that. But how many of us have found loneliness with someone? That’s the real sadness.

Hollywood is not the most conducive place to develop friendships. On the other hand, I’ve found it to be my most thorough teacher.

The secrets of the universe are in a dog’s eyes. Their eyes convey the patient wisdom of a collective understanding.

As Albert Einstein once said, “You can’t solve a problem from the same level of consciousness that created the problem.”

After so much searching and travelling, I cant get over the belief that the philosophic and spiritual centres of ancient Greece, Egypt and India were superior to our mechanistic, technological, and cynically skeptical culture of today.


No comments: