Monday, November 4, 2013

From ‘Celebration of the Cells. Letters from a Cancer Survivor’ by R M Lala




…John Greenleaf Whittier, the American poet:
Drop Thy still dews of quietness,
Till all our strivings cease
Take from our lives the strain and stress,
And let our ordered lives confess
The beauty of Thy peace.

With Dag Hammarskjold I can only say to God:
For all that has been – Thanks
To all that shall be – Yes.

Listen with your ears to the best things,
Reflect with a clear mind
Man by man for himself
-          Gathas Yasna …. Songs of Zarathustra

W.Stanley Jones puts it aptly. When you find a faith, he says, all your sums add up.

…..William Wordsworth:
My heart leaps up when I behold
A rainbow in the sky:
So it was when my life began;
So it is now I am a man.

A Japanese proverb says that ‘Time spent in laughing is time spent with the gods,’

No comments: