Thursday, January 2, 2014

Thoughts … … …




It is better to be what you are than to seem what you are not.
-          Anon

We must live simply, so that others can simply live
-          Gandhiji?

I live not in myself, but I become portion of that around me
-          Lord Byron

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one
-          Einstein

The greatest secret for living a happy and fulfilled life is realizing that everything is created in our minds before it manifests in the outer world. We must believe before we can see.
-          Sarah Ban Breathnatch

Do not stand on my grave and weep;
I am not there, I do not sleep
I am a thousand winds that blow
I am the diamond glints on snow
I am the sunlight on ripened grain
I am the gentle autumn’s rain
When you awaken in the morning’s hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight
I am the soft stars that shine at night
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there, I did not die.
-          Anon

If you do not change direction,
you may end up where you are heading
-          Laozi (Lao-Tzu)

Once, while travelling with Guruji, he told us that the ancient rishis described five things that happen when one is in the presence of an enlightened master. Knowledge flourishes, sorrow diminishes, joy wells up without any reason, abundance dawns, and talents manifest.
-          From ‘Stumbling into Infinity. An ordinary man in the sphere of enlightenment’ by Micheal Fischman

No comments: