Monday, November 25, 2013

From ‘Unposted Letter’ by mahatria Ra




“Master, please accept me as your disciple,” pleaded the seeker. “Tell me who you are,” the Master asked. “Ramachandra Rao.” “That’s your name. Drop it and tell me who you are,” the Master asked again. “I am a businessman.” “That’s your occupation. Drop it and tell me who you are.” “I am a man.” “That’s your sex. Drop it and tell me who you are.” “Master, I no more know who I am!” “That’s good. That is the starting point for a seeker. When you drop all your labels and come as the pure you – that is the starting point for a seeker.Your business card works with the priest, but it has no value with god,” the Master asserted.

The problem with ego is that when ego is fed, you struggle with a superiority complex, and when ego is starved you suffer from an inferiority complex. Either way, it robs you of your peace of mind.
When ego comes, everything else goes. When ego goes, everything else comes.

The saline waters of the ocean
the contaminated drains,
the stiking ponds, the stagnant lakes…
…from anywhere, when water evaporates
into the above and comes down again
as rains, it is pure drinking water.

Similarly, when man connects
with the force above,
self-purification happens.
Man’s thoughts, feelings and even the being
are purified when he connects with the divine.

When prayers go up, blessings come down.



Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.

“Let all your miseries be as short-lived as your NewYear resolutions,” goes an Italian saying.

No comments: