The hardest thing to do is see what is right in front of your eyes.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German poet and novelist
Four things never come back: the spoken word, the spent arrow, the past and the neglected opportunity
- Omar Idn Al-Halif, Arab scholar
Opportunities multiply as they are seized
- Sun Tzu, Chinese general and the Author of the ‘Art of War’
In the fields of observation, chance favours the prepared mind
- Louis Pasteur, French bacteriologist
What we see depends mainly on what we look for.
- Sir John Lubbock British Scientist
People only see what they are prepared to see.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson. American poet and philosopher.
Originality is simply a fresh pair of eyes.
- Woodrow Wilson, President of the United States of America 1913-1921
Don’t think you’re on the right road just because it’s a well-beaten path
To succeed, jump as quickly at opportunities as you do at conclusions
- Benjamin Franklin, American statesman and scientist
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect
- Mark Twain, American novelist
We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing
Fish are the last to recognize water.
The world will not perish for want of wonders, but for want of wonder
- J B S Haldane, British scientist.
I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious
- Albert Einstein. Physicist and Mathematician
The less routine the more life
- Amos Bronson Alcott, American educator and social reformer