Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Thoughts… … …

There is an orientalism in the most restless pioneer,
and the farther west is but the farthest east.
- Henry David Thoreay (A Week on the Concord and Merrimack Rivers)



I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness,
starving hysterical naked,
dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking
for an angry fix,
angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection
to the starry dynamo in the machinery of night
- Allen Ginsberg



Like a falling star, like a bubble in a stream,
Like a flame in the wind, like frost in the sun,
Like a flash of lightning or a passing dream –
So should you understand the world of the ego.
- Buddha



My swaraj (self rule or independence) is to keep intact the genius of our civilization. I want to write many new things but they must all be written on the Indian slate. I would gladly borrow from the West when I can return the amount with decent interest
- Mahatma Gandhi

No comments: