The former gentle giant (he’s slimmed a lot since then) at first glance may be easy to ignore either because of his nonchalance (suaveness) or girth (fat people are not taken seriously!) but behind that body hides a prodigious talent.
* ‘Lift Kara De’ was probably one of his early Indipop songs which got him noticed. The funny lyrics, accompanied by some good singing and the presence of Govinda make this song quite watcheable. The picturisation could do with a revamp though. But watch Govinda who makes an appearance in the last verse of the song. He excels, his expressions, dance steps…….. Govinda, you are unmatcheable.
* ‘Kabhi To Nazar Milao’ was sung with verve by both Adnan and Asha Bhosale, to a very nice tune. The picturisation leaves a lot to be desired
* ‘Bheegi bheegi Raton Mein’ is another very good tune and song.
* ‘Tera Chehra’ - another great tune and this time Rani Mukherjee makes an appearance. Adnan sure does manage to get some top-notch actors/actresses for his songs.
* His song with Amitabh Bachchan ‘Kabhi Nahi’ (Never) raises lots of chuckles both for the wordings, the choreography, the picturisation, the chemistry between Adnan and Amitabh. And after a long long time the Big B is in full form. He sings, quite well too, his dancing is spot-on, his expressions just right. Big B…..u rock
* ‘Dil Keh Raha Hai Dil Se’…..golden hued piano play
* ‘Teri Yaad’…..does he ever run out of tunes?
* ‘Pal do pal’ with Dia Mirza……the line of stars continues at his door
I Wish Him a Long Life and Great Success
Podcast on Fire's Taiwan Noir Episode 27: Hello Dracula and The 36 Shaolin Beads - In the latest episode of *Taiwan Noir*, Kenny B. and I discuss *Hello Dracula*, Taiwan's casual, more friendly take on *Mr. Dracula*, and *The 36 Shaolin...
7 hours ago