Saturday, June 27, 2009

Thoughts………

At nights, I extract shining pearls of verses, scorching my brain in a hundred fires

- Nezami, an Azerbaijani poet


And once again after years I traverse your roads,
And once again I find you, the same, unchanged!
Your deadness, immobility, and senselessness.
Your fallow lands
And thatchless cottages and rotten walls.
Your squalor, foul air, boredom, the same dirt as
earlier,
And the same servile gaze, now impudent, now
dejected.
And although you were freed from slavery,
You do not know what to do with freedom –
you, the people…
And everything is as it once was

- Ivan Turgenev, “The Dream”


Even after all this time, the sun never says to the earth – “you owe me.”
Look what happens with a love like that. It lights the whole sky.

- Hafiz

“The shot will only go smoothly when it takes the archer himself by surprise…….U mustn’t open the right hand on purpose”

- Eugen Herrigel on learning Zen archery

No comments: