Friday, September 14, 2007

Thoughts for a Rainy Day

Row mein hai raks oer umar
Kahaam deykheeye thamen,
Na haath baagh par hai
Na pa nakaali mein

(My life runs at a galloping pace
who knows where it will come to a stop)
The reins are not in my hands
My feet are not in the stirrups)

- Mirza Ghalib

Nishaan-e-mard-e-Momin ba too goyam?
Choon marg aayad, tabassum bar lab-e-ost

(You ask me for the signs of a man of faith?
When death comes to him
He has a smile on his lips.)

- Allama Iqbal

From compromise and things half done
Keep me with stern and stubborn pride
And when at last the fight is won,
God, keep me still unsatisfied

- Louis Untermeyer’s ‘Prayer’


‘For all that has been – Thanks! To all that shall be – Yes!’ : Dag Hammarskjold


I divide mankind into 3 classes, the few who make things happen, the many who watch things happen and the overwhelming majority who have no idea of what happens

- Nicholas M. Butler

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education - Mark Twain

2 comments:

Daddy's Girl said...

Wise and beautiful words... thanks for sharing them.

Nirvana said...

Thanks Daddy's girl for leaving your footprint on my blog. Hope to see your tracks again